This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Are you looking for some easy and affordable ways to add some style and personality to your walls? If so, I just perused the whole IKEA store for awesome Ikea wall decor ideas to share with you. I found a bunch.
IKEA is a great place to find wall art, shelves, mirrors, frames, and more that can transform any bland wall into a beautiful focal point. Whether you want to create a gallery wall, a plant wall, or a statement piece, IKEA has something for everyone.
In this post, we’ll show you 16 IKEA wall decor ideas that you can use as inspiration. Some are even hacks straight from Ikea. You’ll also learn some tips and tricks on how to hang and style your wall décor for the best results.
Ikea Wall Decor Ideas for the Kitchen
Spruce Up Your Wall Space with a Vertical Herb Garden
The Vilto wall storage ladder, with its slim and versatile design, can be used as a vertical herb garden. It’s a space-saving decor idea as it frees up your windowsill, a traditional spot for growing herbs. Just ensure that it’s positioned somewhere with ample light.
Open Shelving: A Canvas for Your Culinary Tools
IKEA’s open shelving offers a unique way to show off your kitchen essentials while doubling as decor. Showcase your plates or sculptural pots, and let them serve as decor pieces. The handsome mix of wood and ceramic accessories on these shelves offers a welcoming aesthetic touch.
Transform Cutting Boards Into Wall Art
I LOVE these Ikea butcher block cutting boards against the black wall. This was a display in the cafeteria that I had to snap a photo of. You may not have an army of cutting boards, but you can still emulate the aesthetic they create against a plain wall with just a few.
Ikea Wall Decor Ideas for the Living Spaces
Create an Ikea Gallery Wall with Their Frames
One of the most popular IKEA wall décor ideas is to create a gallery wall with IKEA frames. A gallery wall is a collection of framed photos, art, prints, or objects that are arranged on a wall in a cohesive and attractive way.
IKEA has a wide range of frames in different sizes, shapes, colors, and materials that you can mix and match to suit your style and budget. You can also find ready-made gallery wall sets that make it easy to create a stunning display.
Some of the best IKEA frames for gallery walls are:
- RIBBA: These are simple and sleek come in black, white, or wood finish, and have a mat board that adds depth and dimension to your photos.
- HOVSTA: These have a natural wood grain texture and a warm color that adds a rustic touch to your wall.
- SILVERHÖJDEN: These have a silver finish and an ornate design that adds some elegance and glamour to your wall.
- LOMVIKEN: These have a metal finish and a modern design that adds some industrial flair to your wall.
To create a gallery wall with IKEA frames, you’ll need to:
- Choose a theme for your gallery wall. This could be based on the color scheme, the style, the subject matter, or the mood of your photos or art.
- Measure the wall space where you want to hang your gallery wall and mark the center point with a pencil.
- Lay them out on the floor and arrange them in a way that balances the size, shape, color, and spacing of each one. You can use painter’s tape to mark the dimensions of your wall space on the floor to help you visualize how it will look.
- Take a photo of your layout and use it as a reference when you hang them on the wall. You can also use IKEA’s FIXA picture hanging kit to help you align and level them.
- Start by hanging the center frame first and then work your way outwards. Use nails, screws, or adhesive hooks to hang them depending on the weight and size of each.
Flowy Organic Ikea Gallery Wall
IKEA also offers inspo for those who prefer a more organic layout for their gallery wall. You pick a soft and subtle theme and then lay them out on the wall however you like. The dining room is the perfect place for these beautiful images. They usually have a lot of wall space, so a gallery wall is a great idea.
Subtle Touches: Ribbon-Hung Frames
You could simply hang these golden frames on the wall, but with a small addition, you can elevate your decor: tie a black ribbon to them. The result is a wall decor style that could lean towards romantic, Victorian, gothic, or feminine depending on the rest of your interior design and other Ikea furniture.
No More Blank Walls: The Magic of Large Scale Wall Art
Large-scale wall art from IKEA is an ideal solution to fill up a blank wall, especially one over a sprawling sectional couch or a bathroom. Gallery walls are great, but if you’re looking for a one-and-done solution, IKEA’s giant wall art pieces are perfect.
Make Your Wall 3D With Ikea Cubbies
I snapped a pic of this vignette because those cubbies are three-dimensional. It gives the room a little bit of depth beyond just a flat painting on the wall.
The cubes are also display cases for your favorite things and are obviously great for storage. You can add baskets or drawers if you prefer to hide the things you’re storing. These are way cooler than regular bookcases too!
Pretty and useful Ikea wall decor is a great combination and that’s what I love about this.
Make a Statement with IKEA Mirrors
A third IKEA wall decor idea that can make a big impact on your home is to make a statement with IKEA mirrors. Mirrors are not only useful for checking your appearance, but they also reflect light and create the illusion of more space in your room.
IKEA has a range of mirrors that you can use to create stunning wall decor in your home. You can choose from round mirrors, rectangular mirrors, square mirrors, or even hexagonal mirrors that can fit any space and style.
Some of the best IKEA mirrors for wall decor are:
- STOCKHOLM: This round mirror has a walnut veneer that adds some warmth and elegance to your wall. It has a diameter of 80 cm and can be hung horizontally or vertically.
- HOVET: This rectangular mirror has an aluminum frame that adds some shine and sleekness to your wall. It has a size of 78×196 cm and can be hung horizontally or vertically.
- LOTS: These frameless square mirrors can be arranged in any way you like on your wall. They have a size of 30×30 cm and come in packs of four.
- HONEFOSS: These hexagonal mirrors have copper-colored edges that add some sparkle and geometric flair to your wall. They have a size of 18×21 cm and come in packs of ten.
To create a statement wall with IKEA mirrors, you’ll need to:
- Choose the shape and size of mirrors that suit your wall space and style. You can also mix and match different mirrors for a more dynamic look.
- Measure and mark the wall where you want to hang your mirrors. Use a level and a pencil to make sure your mirrors re aligned and evenly spaced.
- Hang your mirrors on the wall using the appropriate hardware or adhesive. Make sure your mirrors are securely attached and can withstand any movement or vibration.
Functional Ikea Wall Decor For Your Desk Area
These pegboards are one of my favorite items from Ikea. They are so versatile and they have that whole pretty-and-useful thing going for them.
They are great in an office area like this one because you can use them to store desk stuff like pens and paper clips if you want.
But, you can also use that top half that isn’t quite within reach from your chair and so not convenient for décor stuff. Like those pretty prints!
Best IKEA Wall Art: Innovative Wall Decor
The rattan-style circles are not just textured boho wall decor items. They double up as floor cushions, providing comfortable seating for children. When not in use, they can be mounted back on the wall, creating a visually appealing and practical decor element.
Add Some Greenery with IKEA Planters
Another IKEA wall decor idea that can brighten up any room is to add some greenery with IKEA planters. Plants are not only good for purifying the air and reducing stress, but they also add some color and texture to your walls.
IKEA has a variety of planters that you can use to create a plant wall in your home. You can choose from hanging planters, wall-mounted planters, shelf planters, or even magnetic planters that stick to metal surfaces.
Some of the best IKEA planters for plant walls are:
- BITTERGURKA: These hanging planters have a metal chain and hook that allow you to hang them from the ceiling or the wall. You can also connect several planters together to create a vertical garden.
- SKURAR: These wall-mounted planters have a lace-like design that adds some charm and romance to your wall. They come in white or pink and have drainage holes at the bottom.
- FINTORP: These shelf planters have a metal rail and hooks that allow you to hang them from the wall. You can also use them to store other items like utensils or spices.
- FEJKA: These magnetic planters have artificial plants that look realistic and don’t need any watering or maintenance. You can stick them to any metal surface like your fridge or locker.
To create a plant wall with IKEA planters, you’ll need to:
- Choose the type and size of planters that suit your wall space and style. You can also mix and match different planters for a more eclectic look.
- Choose the plants that you want to display in your planters. You can use real or artificial plants depending on your preference and availability. You can also choose plants that have different colors, shapes, and heights for more variety and interest.
- Measure and mark the wall where you want to hang your planters. Use a level and a pencil to make sure your planters are aligned and evenly spaced.
- Hang your planters on the wall using the appropriate hardware or adhesive. Make sure your planters are securely attached and can support the weight of the plants.
- Arrange your plants in your planters and trim any excess leaves or stems if needed. You can also add some decorative elements like moss, rocks, or shells to fill any gaps or add some contrast.
Personalize Your Wall: A Poppy Tryptic
You might have your kids’ school pictures hanging somewhere in your house.
But aren’t these huge candid shots so much more fun? I think this is a great wall decor idea to copy from Ikea. It’s easy but looks like it took a lot of creativity!
Ikea Wall Decor Ideas For Bedrooms
The Primary Bedroom is always last on the list. I think I have one random picture hanging on a wall in mine right now. I’m always stealing art from there to put somewhere else where people will actually see it. Well, no more. Ikea has some great wall decor ideas for bedrooms. If you want more Ikea Bedroom Hacks, I’ve got you covered there too!
Turn Ikea Rugs Into A Wall Art Tapestry
For a cozy feel in your bedroom, consider hanging a large rug on the wall behind your bed, similar to a tapestry. A rug with a bold pattern can provide a warm, textural element.
Show Off Your Artwork with IKEA’s Wire Display
You can easily display your favorite artwork by hanging them from a wire with paper clips. This simple yet effective IKEA hack lets you showcase your creative side or display purchased unframed art.
Create A Focal Point With A Simple Canopy
Though not traditionally considered wall decor, a canopy covering the wall behind the bed adds a touch of elegance. With its flowy design, it subtly enhances the aesthetic of your bedroom.
Listen, it counts as Ikea wall decor because it’s basically covering most of the wall behind the bed. And it’s pretty. Curtains would also work too! On the wall and decor. Wall decor. Ok? I knew you’d see it my way.
One thing that makes me bored or sad is a blank wall. It makes me lament the missed opportunity of putting something awesome in a big old blank space. Ikea was meant for filling those spaces. They have large-scale art and funky pieces that you might not expect to use on a wall. If you look very carefully while you’re walking through Ikea, you’ll see there are even hacks, with little tags explaining the hack.
In conclusion, IKEA offers a myriad of wall decor ideas to help you personalize and enhance your living spaces. From innovative kitchen decor solutions to unique living space and bedroom aesthetics, IKEA has got you covered. With these hacks, you can turn your home into a visual treat, with each wall narrating a unique story.