Table of Contents
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Is IKEA a Good Place To Get A Desk?
Ikea computer desks offer a wide variety of design options, so you can find the perfect desk for your space and needs. They offer traditional sitting desks, standing styles, corner L-shape desks, and multi-level designs.
Quite frankly, IKEA offers so many different styles, add-ons, adjustable shelves, and configurations, I can’t list them all. If you have a specific need, IKEA is one of the best places to look because everything is customizable or can be hacked in some way!
Types of Computer Desks Available At IKEA
- IKEA BEKANT standing computer desk: It features electric height adjustment and a choice of tops, including a whiteboard and a bamboo option. It’s corners are rounded, if that matters to you. It has a number of features, with a cable management attachment being one of them.
- IKEA RODULF sit/stand desk: The main difference of this one is that the max height is 46″, which is a couple of inches shorter than all the others. But, it does seem to have the highest average review score on their website! You also get a motorized height adjustment feature with this desk.
- IKEA TROTTEN adjustable desks: This one seems to be the lowest price compared to the other standing desks. That is probably because its height can be adjusted manually with a crank and it’s the only one that doesn’t provide a cable and cord organizer.
- IKEA IDASEN computer desk: It also has a manual crank that allow users to easily adjust the height of the table legs. The IDASEN has squared corners, not rounded like the BEKANT. The main difference with this desk is its max height goes all the way up to 50″ (the highest out of all of these).
- IKEA UPPSPEL gaming standing desk: Know any gamers that sit and play games for long hours? Now they can stand for part of the time and at least get their circulation going!
Overall, any of Ikea’s height-adjustable desks provide a convenient and ergonomic way for users to switch between sitting and standing throughout the day, helping to promote better posture and overall health. A different working position each hour (who said your desk job had to be a sedentary job?!)!
Corner Desks and L-Shape Desks
- IKEA MICKE corner workstation desk: This is a compact corner desk that is suitable for smaller spaces. It has a simple, modern design and is made of particleboard with a veneer finish. It comes with a sliding keyboard tray and a lower shelf for storage. It would be perfect for a smaller home office desk, especially if by office you mean your bedroom.
- IKEA BEKANT corner desk: This desk is larger than the MICKE and is designed for use as a main workspace. It has an adjustable desktop that can be raised or lowered to suit the user’s preference. I know my son has been begging me for an L-shape desk so we are currently scoping this one out!
Multi-level and Desks With Drawers
- IKEA BRUSALI computer desk: This is a simple, yet functional desk that is suitable for use with a computer or other electronic devices. It has a large tabletop and two drawers for storing supplies. The desk is made of solid pine and has a white finish. It is available in two sizes: 100 cm wide and 120 cm wide. It is also an affordable option, with prices starting at around $100.
- LÅGKAPTEN/ALEX desk combo: This is a multi-level desk that has a large tabletop and five drawers. Or, you can use two ALEX drawers, one on each end, and have a total of 10 drawers! It is also an affordable option, with prices starting at around $150.
- IKEA LINNMON home office computer desk: This big desk has a large tabletop and is available in a variety of sizes. It can be paired with other pieces from Ikea’s LINNMON series to create a customized workstation. It is a good option for use with a computer.
- IKEA KALLAX/LINNMON combo desk: This is a shelving unit that can be used as a computer desk by adding a LINNMON tabletop to it. It has several storage compartments for organizing your office supplies, making it a good choice for those who need extra storage space. It makes it look like you have built-in shelves!
IKEA Gaming Desks
- The IKEA FREDDE desk is a large desk with a modern design that is suitable for use with a computer and gaming consoles. It has a spacious tabletop and a number of storage compartments, including a pull-out keyboard and mouse tray and a shelf for a computer tower. One of the main features of the FREDDE desk is its cable holder system, which helps keep cords and cables organized and out of sight. Add some LED lights and you’ve got the ultimate gaming setup!
- IKEA UPPSPEL gaming standing desk: Know any gamers that sit and play games for too many hours at a time? Now they can stand for part of the time and at least get their circulation going!
Benefits of an Ikea Desk
Easily Customized Design Options
Ikea desks are pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. Okay, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but they’re definitely up there in the ranks of amazing things. Here’s why: first and foremost, they’re super easy to customize. Need a desk that’s exactly the right size and shape for your space? No problem! Ikea has a ton of different design options to choose from, so you can find something that’s just right for you. Plus, many of their desks are modular, which means you can mix and match with other pieces from their collections to create your dream workstation.
Durability and Quality Craftsmanship
But it’s not just about the looks – Ikea desks are also super durable and made with quality craftsmanship. They’re built to last, so you can rely on your desk to hold up to all your office antics (typing like a madman, leaning back in your chair to stare at the ceiling in contemplation, etc.).
Affordable Price Point
And let’s not forget about the most important factor: price. Most Ikea desks are super affordable, so you won’t have to break the bank to get a desk that’s perfect for you. So whether you’re looking for office desks or just a spot to do your hobbies, you should be able to find one within your budget (and have money leftover for a desk chair).
How to Choose the Right Desk for Your Space and Needs
Identifying Your Space Requirements
When it comes to choosing a desk, size matters. Not just the size of the desk itself, but also the size of the room you plan to put it in. You don’t want to end up with a desk that’s too big (or too small) for the space, so make sure to measure the area where you plan to place the desk. Consider the shape of the room, too – is it long and narrow, or more square-shaped? Also take into account any windows, outlets, or other features that might impact the placement of your desk.
Understanding Your Working Style
Okay, so you’ve got the size thing figured out – now it’s time to think about your working style. Do you work mostly on the computer, or do you need space for writing and other tasks too? Do you like to sit or stand while you work? Do you have a lot of supplies and equipment that need to be stored? Answering these questions can help you narrow down your options and choose a desk that’s just right for you
Evaluating Different Designs and Features
Once you have a good understanding of your space requirements and working style, you can start evaluating different desk designs and features. Consider the material and finish of the desk. Is it the main focal point of your room? Do you need any additional features such as cable management systems, adjustable heights, and storage options. It’s also a good idea to read reviews and compare prices to get a sense of the pros and cons of different desks. Hopefully, this post will also help you narrow it down!